Thursday, September 5, 2013

Don't be complacent!

2 more days before I fly to Melbourne! (:
Today I received an email from SingaporeAir.com RE: my flight info. But I was wondering why they didn't send me the details RE: checking in. Because for my HK trip, they sent me 2 emails instead of just one.
So during my break time at work, I went to SingaporeAir.com to check in. But I couldn't because there was a note stating that I don't have a valid visa so they couldn't check me in.
My reaction was like WHAT?!?!?!? at that moment. I began to panic because thoughts of how my hopes would be dashed because of my complacency. Singapore passports allow Singaporeans to travel to a lot of countries without having to purchase a visa. So I assumed that I didn't need a visa to enter Australia.
Anyway, I went to do some research, and made a few phone calls to the Australia Embassy situated in SG, and to SingaporeAir. And I was so blur as a sotong. I used my mobile phone instead of my laptop to purchase the visa. And because the font was so small and I was so worried, I saw wrongly and bought the wrong visa. I should be buying a ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) which lets you stay up to 90 days, and it can last for a year. It costs AUD20 and is instantly approved. But I went to buy the Visitor Visa. Takes from 1 day to 1 month to be approved. Let you stay from 3 months to 1 year. It costs: AUD130. So in the end, I bought both & I spend AUD150?!?!?! Arghhh!!!
So, ALWAYS ALWAYS check.
It's such an irony.  My itinerary is so detailed yet I missed out such an important detail!
But the thing which I've learnt today is that God is my provider. Though I've lost this amount of money, but since God is my provider, He will definitely provide.
A blessing in disguise. I've saved the price of my air tickets and road trips though I've spent AUD130 to learn a lesson.

"Prayer is the answer to all your problems." 

No comments:

Post a Comment