Friday, September 9, 2011

Perseverance is the KEY to Success

Since young, I've told myself that I wanna learn driving when I grow up. (:
Then the chance came this year sometime in March-April...I took up driving, and gosh, it's harder than I had expected. Not fun at all.
But I was still looking forward to lessons and learning new things.
However, as time goes by and as I start to learn more and more new stuff, I find it super difficult because I didn't get my basics right...I find it difficult to find the 'biting point' and thus, somehow or rather it affected my progress.
At one point, I find it superrrrrr tough and I really wanted to convert to auto or considered giving up. But driving is different because it is more expensive and it's not something which I don't like and I can give up. It would be a waste of time to just stop there. So, I continued...
Now I'm having my holidays, in order to get my driving license before the start of my attachment, I went for driving lessons almost everyday.
The thing with learning driving in a school is that you can learn it fast. But your instructors are not fixed unless you choose to fix them. Throughout this week and last week, I had lessons with mainly 3 new faces. I learn different things and they gave me tips to help me solve the problem which I had encountered...the 'biting point' problem. However, I feel that I wasn't a good student. My reaction is slow and maybe the way I react is a bit confusing...so this particular instructor was superrrrrr angry with me. There are some things which the instructors never correct me or that I didn't do it correctly...so the instructor got super pek chek at me he started scolding me. Sigh. At that point of time, I was so discouraged. Like after so many lessons, I did so many wrong things and driving feels like the most difficult thing I've done...more difficult than learning violin.
I really couldn't take it I just broke down. Driving is the thing I DREAD THE MOST!!!!!! Having to drag my feet to driving lessons and hoping not to get that instructor.
But it was that night when I broke down, I went to God. He showed me the way and things begin to change. (: or rather, it's the way I look at things changed.
The next day (Tuesday) I got a good instructor. (: But on Wed & Thurs, I got the instructor I dislike! (faints). In my mind I was thinking there must be a reason why this happen...so I trusted God's plan and went for the lessons and guess what? It turned out well apparently! (: Though I made a lot of mistakes, the instructor still pass me and I'm able to book TP test date. Hahaha.
Finally! Anws, I really hope to pass my TP test once and for all.



Basically, I've learn 2 things from this incident.
1. God's ways are higher than my ways. What seemed like disaster to me might not seem like disaster for God! (:
2. It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop, you'll reach your destination one day!
I'm prepared for the worst...I thought I will need 32 lessons to get my license. But I took like 26 lessons to complete the course. Hehe.  Though on average it's 22 lessons. (Y)

No comments:

Post a Comment