Monday, May 20, 2013

Blessing in Disguise

Another episode of heart rate going up to 170 plus.
Alright, another ECG to be done.
Dr informed, another dose of IV Adenosine to be given.
IV Adenosine 6 mg given, but to my surprise, heart rate went back up to 170 plus again.
This time round, dose up, 12 mg to be given.
12 mg given. Heart rhythm could not be recorded on the cardiac monitor for a few seconds.
And I was rather in shock to see my patient in front of me, who seemingly was having some sort of spasm, with her eyes opened widely. Like the scene in Mummy when the devil left the man.
But a few seconds later, the heart rate went back up to 120 plus.
So I was extremely relieved.

Something struck me when my friend told me that the heart is such an amazing muscle. A drug could shock your heart and make it stop. But your heart will start to do its job by starting to pump all over again.
But what's amazing is God for He is the One who has created us.

"The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." -Job 33:4 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment