Friday, August 16, 2013

The only difference...

Earlier this week, I've had an unpleasant experience.
Getting scolded and insulted for something which is not even my fault.
At that point of time, I realised I didn't have to go through all these scolding. Angry thoughts ran through my mind. I was tempted to scold the person back. But I didn't.
I went to a corner and prayed to God.
Then, I remembered my prayer to God that morning. "Jesus, please prune me."
God answers prayers.
In John 15:2 (NIV) it says "He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."
It brought me to think about Jesus. What about Him? The things He faced are definitely million times worst than mine! Yet He still remain faithful.
The word of God says in Matthew 5:44 (NIV): "But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,"
As I begin to pray for my enemies, something amazing is happening. There will be this beautiful exchange.
Till today as I write this post and think back about what has happened, there is no more hatred and anger in me. I have forgiven them! Because I know that the Beautiful Exchange has taken place.

In the past before I came to know the Lord and accepted Him in my life, I used to be a child who is always angry with people. Always finding fault with people. If someone has offended me, I will remember it in my heart, and whenever I see that person, there's this grudge in my heart.
But today, I am a changed person! As long as you abide in Him, You will never go wrong.

P.S. The only difference...is that I have God in my life now. And I thank Him for that! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment