Saturday, October 5, 2013

#Project21 -- Accomodation

Came back from London already! (:
IT WAS SOOOOOOO FUN!!! (:
Miss the weather and shopping there!
Tried to blend in with the locals.
Still remembered the way I look at everyone as though as they were pickpockets on the first day.
Haha.
Stayed in a 4 bed Deluxe Room with a mini kitchen (microwave oven, kettle, sink, no stove) and toilet with shower in Pride of Paddington. Free wifi too! (:
I like to stay in this hostel. Good experience for me as a first-timer staying in a hostel. The cons is that it's too near to the hospital and roads that I hear ambulance and cars going by. Not to mention construction work. But it was not much of an issue to me because I was so tired from walking that I just slept. Haha. The bed was comfortable. But the lockets were too small to fit my luggage so I had to put it beside my bed. It costs me S$530 for 7 nights.
20 pounds will be paid as a deposit for the 2 keys, and towels given to you. Once you have returned these items (toiletries do not have to be returned), the 20 pounds will be returned to you upon checkout (8am-12nn).
You have to inform them for early checkout so they can arrange to return you the 20 pounds deposit. If you want to ask them to help you store your luggage while you go shopping, it can be done for a small sum of 2 pounds.
Anyway, I met a few new friends from Brazil, Japan, Zurich, Australia & China, and almost everyday! (:
It was nice to mingle around with people around the world, and share with one another about our stories of why we came to London. (:
I think it's kinda true for this saying by Samuel Johnson: "Why, Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No, Sir, when a man is tired of London, he if tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
What do you think?
However, after all I've only been there for like 8 days, so I can't agree with him fully.
Anyway, stay tune for the next post about London and Zurich. Touching down/flying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment